Monday, January 3, 2011

All.The.Same

People. Human beings. Human nature. Individuals.
What distinguishes us? What differentiates us from one another?
Is it on the way we look? How we dress? How we talk? How we walk? The amount of gucci bags we have or is it the way we work out the pair of Louis Vuitton shoes? The way we drive our BMW cars or rather have drivers drive us around in the BMW?

Think about it, how do we usually differentiate between each other. I know, and I will admit it, I always compare people by the materials that they have. How they strut their materials owning. It's one of my guilty pleasure. It is after all the easiest way to describe a stranger to another person.
Why this is so?

I think, it is because what we see on the person becomes and to us defines that person. Admit it or not, we judge people by how they cover themselves. I hate to admit this, but I do this a whole lot. When ever I'm out and about and boredom strikes, my eyes tend to wonder around. This is when the guilty pleasure kicks in. I start to judge those particular individuals by how they dress. I once saw this lady in a very lovely-knee short-summer dress. I could see that she was covering her arm by wearing long sleeves underneath her dress. She covered her hair with scarf perfectly. The heels that she was wearing completely complimented the green-lilac bag that she was accessorizing. Her outfit was gorgeous. The only thing that upset me was that her legs was showing. I found it really odd of her to be covered only from her head to her knees. Only to her knees. With this I then began to judge her. Saying how she should just take off her scarf, because it's not worth her time covering. Questioning to myself why did she not bother covering her legs. Her legs weren't that that pretty to show off anyways. It was a weird thing to see that time. I will forever remember her as the pretty dress but not so much leg person.

A split second after she walked past by me, it suddenly hit me. My conscience asked me, Who am I to judge that person. Do I even know that person to judge her by her looks. Do I consider myself as perfect, hence why I criticized that person for not covering her legs.

The thought came to me, we are all the same. She was somehow, weirdly enough, my alternate alter-ego. Because at that moment, even though I was covered from head to feet, my coverings were tight on me. Which to me is not the definition of covering properly t0 the public eyes. But I wore it anyway. We are all the same. No matter how different it may seem to us on how we wear things. What car we drive. How big our house is. The amount of gold and diamonds we own. We are all the same.

The only thing that can differentiate me and that 'pretty dress but not so much leg person' is my personality and hers. And of course. Her DNA and mine. It is been researched that only 1 in a million that a person's DNA can be the same as another person.

Why personality? I personally think that it's because our differences in experiencing life is different, therefore with theses completely different background experience, different personality will develop.

We.Are.All.The.Same.

-Izati-

No comments: